To Apply For Teacher Training Certification
To become a certified yoga teacher through Yoga Alliance and to eventually be considered to teach at Smiling Dog you must submit payment as detailed on the Teacher Training > Payment Options Page of our website and complete the following tasks. Those who aren't interested in teacher certification may simply register by submitting payment and filling out the application is optional. We use the application to guide our course to your preferences so it is an opportunity for you to be sure your needs are met.
Prior to your first weekend of the training:
- Submit payment as detailed on the Teacher Training > Payment Options Page
- Fill out the application onine (link to application)
- Submit a referral form online (link to form)
- Attend all scheduled weekend sessions and/or make up any missed weekends & hours as detailed on the Teacher Training > Policies Page
- Attend class 2x / week for the duration of the training
- Complete 4-8 hours of suggested homework per weekend session
- Submit completed take home exam
- Schedule practice teaching and asana evaluation with lead instructor
- Submit completed hours on yogaalliance.org
E-mail the studio if you have questions / concerns about this process firstname.lastname@example.org.