Teacher Training Required Reading / Book List
The following books will be referenced often during our studies. We suggest our trainees purchase these to be part of their private yoga library. These are not included or supplied as part of the cost of the training.
We suggest you get an early start on your Anatomy reading. In addition to the books below, you will be given multiple handouts. You are expected to be prepared for discussions in class, based on the reading materials.
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga by H.David Coulter.
- Page 17 – 20; Chapter One: pp 21 – 31, 47 – 62; Chapter Two: pp 74 – 91, 102 – 132; Chapter Four – Nine, entirely.
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff – we will explore it in class and use it as a supplemental material during discussions.
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Iyengar
- Inner Tradition on Yoga by Stone
Optional Studio Favorite BooksWe may draw upon the following books at times during our training and will share the aspects of these books we feel most relevant to our studies. They are great to have as part of your yoga library or to draw upon for inspiration beyond our training but will not be required.
- Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali translated by Satchidanda
- Light on Yoga by Iyengar
- Light on Pranayama by Iyengar
- A New Earth by Eackhart Tolle
- Teaching Yoga by Donna Farhi
- Yoga for Wellness by Gary Kraftsow
- Tending the Heart Fire by Shiva Rea
- Ayurveda: The Science of Self Healing by Vasant Lad
- Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers